Materials will be available at the libraries beginning Friday, May 24!
Join us yet again on an adventure exploring the historical, cultural, and natural treasures of Winneshiek County! There are several exciting changes to the 2013 Safari and we hope they will bring you even more adventures!
The 2013 Winneshiek Driftless Safari:
- will last from Memorial Day until Halloween (not Labor Day). That means two extra months of adventuring in the fall, one of our favorite times for exploring beautiful Northeast Iowa!
- features 15 all new sites (plus the 5 libraries) to discover and enjoy!
- offers the opportunity for Extreme Adventures: unique ways to join one-time activities and events that will help you get to know a new place even better!
- provides Safari Specials: exclusive discounts and specials created by our generous local sponsors and available only to Safari participants. Check them out and support the local businesses and organizations that help bring your Safari!
- has spread! New Safaris are starting in Allamakee County and along the Turkey River Recreational Corridor in Fayette and Clayton counties. Don't miss these opportunities to discover some of the wonderful resources in our neighboring counties!
Want to join the fun? Just head to your local Winneshiek County public library to pick up your free map and guidebook! Check out the different pages of this website for more details how how Safari works, for extra maps that will help you on your explorations, and for information on the many generous sponsors who help create Safari!